Friday, November 12, 2004

The story of George

I love my George oh so very much. I had to drop him off at the vet today to get his teeth cleaned. The poor baby… he hates going there.

The meds the doc gave him for arthritis has helped him! He’s back to his usual bully spoiled self! Jumping and trying to hump the cats… silly dog.

Ok… The Story of George

My first true love, Rick, opened my eyes to the world of adulthood. We were together for a couple of years. On our last Christmas together, he asked me if I wanted a dog or an engagement ring for Christmas.

Yes, I chose a dog! Then I broke up with him about a month later. I’m so cruel yeah yeah. I loved him deeply- but he was infatuated with making me look like a Barbie doll.
He literally drug me to the gym and made me workout… while he stood and watched. Then he was pestering me to get a breast implant… I was 20 for crying out loud!

Anyway… that’s how I got George. When I first got him, I use to take off work early just to go home and play with him. He went with me everywhere… even to all my friends houses. If I didn’t bring George with me, they’d be disappointed and ask how come!

He’s been camping with me and traveling with me. I discovered George can’t swim, funny ain’t it, when I jumped off a boat and he came leaping in after me! I had to take of my life jacket and let him lay on it!

Anyway… this wonderful creature knows when I’m sad, when I’m sick, mad and happy! He greets me everyday with such enthusiasm… and when he’s mad at me, he throws his ball at me and snorts!

You just don’t know how much I love my George. He is the apple in my eye.


Had a dream of long ago

Last night I dreamt of Rick, the guy who gave me George. We were the age we are now, tho that was actually 10 years ago. We got back together, but I found out he was just using me and didn’t actually want to be with me. We had moved into an apartment… and he just needed a place to stay.

It was a very strange dream indeed, but I’m not going into details… I don’t have enough time right now…

I wasn’t a little girl anymore, and I didn’t let him treat me that way. I told him that I could take care of myself, I had a good job (in reality when I was with him I work 3 dinky jobs cause the man wouldn’t help me) and that I didn’t need him anymore.

But I wasn’t going to let him use me that way, and I kept all his furniture- then booted him out, the sucker!

Work Work

I suppose I should get to work now!