Thursday, November 04, 2004

I've grown Political

Quotes from Thomas Jefferson (food for thought):

"What a stupendous, what an incomprehensible machine is man! Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment . . . inflict on his fellow men a bondage, one hour of which is fraught with more misery than ages of that which he rose in rebellion to oppose."

"yet the hour of emancipation is advancing . . . this enterprise is for the young; for those who can follow it up, and bear it through to it's consummation.

"Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights."

" . . . there is no act, however virtuous, for which ingenuity may not find some bad motive."


My vote does count.

I will vote, I will support and participate in my community. I will struggle, like those who came before me, to make this land a better place to live. So no human being will be oppressed with uneducated fears and bigotry. I will fight, I will educate myself and share my knowledge with those who are willing to listen. I will place myself in your shoes and take a look at what you believe to help form and educate my personal beliefs. I will love you, my brothers and sisters, and I would die for your freedom, your right to choose and for the future of our children.