Friday, November 05, 2004

ER Emergency

I took my sister to the ER last night. She was having terrible pain on the right side of her abdomen. It started after lunch yesterday.

She didn’t want to got to the hospital here in Weatherford… she doesn’t like it. So we drove to Fort Worth to Harris Methodist. The lady at the registration was totally pissy… copped an attitude from the minute I said my sister needs to see a doctor. The cow… anyway sister proceeded to give the lady her information.

The lady asked for her SS# and sister pulled out her insurance card, which has it on there. Sister is not comfortable giving out personal information, let alone speaking it out in front of a bunch of people.

The lady was totally crappy… “Ma’am, I don’t need to see it, just tell it to me”

My sister said she doesn’t want to say it out loud and that it was on the card, then told her she didn’t have to be so rude. The lady started getting even more pissy… I don’t need your insurance card here… sister told her that her SS# was on the card and she could have taken it from there.

Then we all proceeded to yell and another lady stepped in and started being even more pissy than the first lady. Threatened to call security on us…

I said my sister is in a lot of pain, and being in severe pain doesn’t exactly make you deal with crappy people nicely. A little more shouting went on… and the lady called security.
We left… went to another hospital because we didn’t have time for their bullshit and sister needed to see a doc.

We went to another Harris by downtown Fort Worth. Oh my Goddess! It was like a scene for a gangster TV show! It was awful! After being there quite a while, and witnessing things that made me feel extremely uneasy, I had to use my phone to call sister because they put her in a different waiting room, I said let’s go home to Weatherford hospital. I’ve never seen so many cops at a hospital before… NEVER. I thought we were in jail!

After driving all the way back home, we got her into the ER. People there were especially nice. They were fairly quick to get her in… did all the tests, though the tests took a while to come back. Sister is ok… she just needs a good system flush.

We finally got home around midnight, but sister still hurts today. She should have stayed home from work, but she didn’t.

Work Work

I, on the other hand, took the day off.