Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bad News...

They found out what was wrong with 'his' father. He had a stroke of the brain stem. He responds by squeezing his hand... other than that he can't move, open his eyes or breathe on his own... he will never fully recover...

If I could sing a song of courage to sweep away your fear…
I would sing it loud enough for the entire world to hear.

If I could lift your spirit with a simple kiss from my lips…
I would send a thousand kisses blown from my fingertips.

If I could ease your weary mind with gentle words softly spoken…
I would whisper in your ear “I will never let your heart be broken.”


I don't know what to say to him... I don't know what to do. After a little while I began to think about how messed up he will be for a while… adjusting to the condition of his father. What depression he might go through… and ultimately how it would affect me.

I barely know the man… what did I just get myself into? I don’t want this… I don’t want the drama, emotion and stress… but I can’t just abandon him. I can’t say, “I’m sorry about your father… but I can’t stick around because this is way too much for me.”

I feel guilty now… I want to end this before more damage is done… I know I’ll end up breaking his heart eventually… but I feel it’s cruel to do it now…

His father had a stoke and his girlfriend dumped him… geez.

What in the world do I do? I like him… but I can’t take on his life so fast… I’m just figuring out how to deal with some of my emotions… I can’t absorb his.

I don’t really want to leave him… I don’t really want to be his crutch… I don’t want to be cruel and either way I feel like I would be…

Goddess help me.