Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sometimes...

I'm just damn tired. Bleh.

Someone please come and flip the switch that puts my brain in sleep mode.

The past couple of days have been stressful for me… I can’t even imagine how stressed out the ‘Guy’ I’ve been dating is.

His father has been in the hospital… just had episodes- losing consciousness, until he just didn’t wake up. He’s hooked up to a respirator in ICU and they can’t seem to find out what is wrong with the man. They are leaning towards a stroke… but they aren’t sure. They’ve said 50 millions things… *sigh*

Poor ‘Guy’ is a nervous wreck… so is his family. I’ve only been seeing him for about a month now… though I’ve offered him my shoulder and support… I can’t say I really want to go through this with him… This is the kind of thing that makes people get attached to you… and it’s tough not to feel his pain- imagining myself in his position. I’m not sure I’m emotionally capable to offer any comfort to him… I feel awkward. Suddenly having him depend on me emotionally, when I myself don’t even know what I really think about him… or his family.

But there I stood with him… by his father’s side… watching him fight his tears of concern and fear as he looked upon his frail father with the eyes of a terrified young child… and I tucked the blankets under his father’s feet…

For the first time in my life had a man lay his head on my shoulder and cry purely from his heart.

Sometimes people don’t have enough strength… and you lend them yours.
Sometimes family just isn’t enough… and you need an outside perspective.
Sometimes you don’t want to talk… you just want someone to hold you.

Sometimes… you just… can’t… and you need someone

Please send positive thoughts and prayers out to James Foreman...

Restored health be his... he has life yet to live, James Foreman.