Sunday, March 27, 2005

Modified Opinion...

It’s quite interesting how your impressions of a person can change the more you get to know them. It’s also interesting how far a little honesty and communication can go.

The big guy has far more to him than I origionally thought. I am pleased.

Acting Stupid...

People get in the habit of acting simple, to crudely put it- stupid, when they are actually educated. It has a lot to do with the environment and peers they associate with. You adapt in a sense. I know I’ve done it… adjusted my way of speaking and relating so specific people could understand me better… and not make them feel ‘stupid.’

I use to speak a lot of technical jargon… I use long unfamiliar words to describe things. People would just look at me puzzled… and then lose interest all together. So, in a manner of speaking… I started using more simple words and ways of explaining things. I started speaking less of complex subjects and more about everyday brouhaha.

Everyone has a different perspective on life and what is important to him or her. These perspectives aren’t always compatible… and depending on the situation- we adapt. We either move towards people who think the same way we do, or we change to accommodate the group we are with.

Don’t think just because someone doesn’t understand a particular subject you are trying to convey that they are completely ignorant. They might have extensive knowledge on some other subject that you are completely clueless about. It is also important to keep in mind that you aren’t condescending when you try to simplify your expressions. Everyone has their own personal wisdom… their individual experiences… and we all can learn from each other, no matter what walk of life.

Me… I just say whatever the hell I think. Sure, at times, it’s inappropriate- possibly brutal… but you’ll always know what I mean and you’ll always know my true opinion.

No matter what level of education, what language or what walk of life… one universal message always conveys… respect and love.

Honor the people you come across in life with the same respect you’d have them honor you.