Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Flesh Consumed...



Carnal Consort…

Once I was involved in a relationship that was purely carnal. Sex, sex, sex. We never said much to each other, except during the “Let’s hook-up” phone conversation.

HIM: “Hey Robin it’s Sex.”
ME: “Heeeeyyy Sex, what’s up?”
HIM: “I have the night off this Friday, wanna hook-up?”
ME: “Sure… what time?”

This continued on for several months at least twice a week. We’d get busy the minute I entered his place, later order pizza, get busy again and I’d spend the night.

Morning Goodbye’s

ME (after taking a quick shower and getting dressed): “Last night was awesome.”
HIM: “It always is.” *smOoch*
ME: “I’m off then, see ya.”
HIM: “Ok babe, take care.”

We never casually conversed… we knew each others names, how old we were, and just about every square inch of each other’s bodies… but we didn’t know anything about each other’s families, daily happenings or good fortunes. Just sex.

I was quite content with the way things were between us… until he suggested we start really getting to know each other. It had been 5 months at that point… I thought ‘Why not?’ Wouldn’t you know, the very first real date we had was a disaster. We were as different as night and day.

He was a big time snob… I knew he had nice things, a great place and dressed really sharp- but I had no idea he was so freaking stuck up. He made fun of so many people that night… including me and what I chose to wear. I swear I was ready to kick his ass! At the end of the evening I went home, without sleeping with him.

He called the next day apologizing for the way things turned out on our first real date. He suggested maybe we try again, but before he could finish I told him it would probably be better if we didn’t try to get serious and keep things just as they were… pure sex. He agreed. We met 3 more times after that before we finally gave in to our natural dislike for one another… plus we had both met other people.

Sometimes things aren’t meant to go any deeper than that are… I’ve learned that sometimes- great sex is just great sex, and doesn’t a relationship make.

Another similar lesson I learned was: Just because you are best friends doesn’t mean you can be roommates.