Friday, April 08, 2005

10 New “First Time” things…

Well… it’s a done deal. My airplane ticket is purchased. I’m going to California in May… going to visit Samantha! I’m so excited and so scared at the same time!!!

1. This is my first time to purchase an airline ticket.
2. This is my first time to go anywhere for so long by myself.
3. This is my first trip to California.
4. This is my first time to travel to another state to visit someone I’ve never met in real life before.
5. This is the first time I’ve ever invited myself to someone’s house, someone I’ve never met, and was welcome!
6. This is my first time purchasing luggage.
7. This is my first time to cross time zones.
8. This is my first time to plan a vacation and actually go somewhere instead of sitting my ass at home.
9. This is will be the first time I leave my George for longer than 2 days… oh it’s gonna be tough without my puppy!
10. This is the first time I’ve ever had courage to do anything like this…

I can’t wait! The last time I road a plane I was 12… and I went to Colorado to stay with my sister. Other than that… I’ve never left the state of Texas… and I’m now 30. I hope this is the first of many trips to various places around the world.

I met Samantha online through The Cauldron, A Pagan Forum. Commenting on various posts in the beginning, then chatting up in TC’s MUX. She started a blog, and later I did too. We chat daily on yahoo instant messenger. We’ve exchange pictures and even viewed each other on webcam.

I love her- she’s my kindred sistah! Reading about her experiences and chatting with her, I discovered she was not much unlike myself. I’ve never had such a strong desire to meet someone until she came along. One day, I just up and invited myself to visit her during the summer… posting it on her blog a couple of months ago. Today… I purchased the ticket.

I’m very thrilled and excited. I can’t wait to see the beautiful land she lives on, her beautiful face and family. I have butterflies in my tummy!

I’m very terrified and nervous! I’m nervous about the plane ride, nervous about all the “what ifs” and about leaving George.

I’ve never been so excited in my life. I’m coming Sam!