Saturday, January 29, 2005

Nothing Extraordinary


Something old, nothing thing new-
Too many pieces, and I’ve lost a few…
Time is ticking, my body ages…
Such a thick book with empty pages…

Take my heart, take my soul…
Take these pieces and make them whole.


Something old…
My George is getting so frail. My heart is just shattering. He can’t hop up on my bed anymore… he cries more… he wakes me up in the middle of the night to help him onto my bed so he can warm his bones next to me. I will take him to the vet this week… and see if there’s anything I can do… medication, surgery… ANYTHING to help my puppy. Awful thoughts creep into my head and I make myself cry- dreading the day I have to let him go. When he goes, so will every bit of pure, natural joy I have in my life.

Something new…
I had an amazingly great kiss yesterday… but it was also incredibly empty. Thought I would meet a newfound friend for dinner. Had great conversations, and an oh-so-melt-me-to-the-core kiss that was completely defunct…

He found me… he called me… he instigated the kiss… and I ended the evening. Am I nuts? Why yes, yes I am. I am fickle. He was beautiful, tall, muscular, and had an incredibly deep sexy voice… but was as hollow as an abandoned locust carapace.

I have two very generous, loving people who have started to care for me… but something inside of my heart still wants something that is genuinely mine… something inspired by my soul- not by my sexual nature. That will be tough... being as sexual as I am… it tends to void out any of my other characteristics. People are blinded.

Too many pieces…
Work is getting so crazy for me. They are piling on the load… my temp SUCKS and I don’t have time to mess with idiocy. I don’t have time to fix a $10,000 printer that she keeps causing issues with… and I don’t have the budget to purchase a new one. The latest ruin… a $500 imaging belt inside the printer.

My patience is very thin… and I know I wear my aggravation on my sleeve. I don’t have time to pick up some other temp and start from scratch. The regional president hasn’t approved the hiring of an experienced graphic designer… you pay for what you get… and by the Goddess they will hire me a new assistant that is intelligent!!! If I have to sacrifice my April raise… damnit I will… that’s how bad I need assistance.

Time is ticking…
Yep… time is blazing by like a field of hemp ignited by a lightening bug that freakishly spontaneously combusted.

Such a thick book…
There are many many aspects of Robin. Most of which I try to convey in the images I post and the poetry I write…

Right now, take away the mundane drudge… and I’m left with nothing but empty pages. I’m ready for my trip to the Grand Canyon. I’m ready for my trip to California.

I am ready for some exhilarating life, some grand adventure…