Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I am the Beast


I think back in another post, someone mentioned with all the passion I claim to have, they bet I could be a sheer bitch.

Duh… seriously… no need to bet honey… it’s a fact.

We all have the means within us to be a devious devil on occasion… especially when called for…

I’ll let you in on a little secret… I am the beauty and the beast. I can place you on a throne and lavish you with gifts and affection… but remember, I am selfish as hell… I’m a brat, I’m spoiled… and I am damn proud of it.

I have given to no end before… and nearly had the life sucked right out of me… (and for the record, this is a general statement, so don’t take it personally those of you who know me)But when I feel unappreciated, when I feel taken advantage of… used and abused… you bet you’ll see the bitch in me rise to the occasion.

I have learned to say no, and I say it a lot… if I say yes to you… you are lucky indeed. I have also learned that I can’t tolerate bullshit anymore. I’ve got absolutely no need for it, no room for it in my life and I am sick of the games. I mean what I say and I say what I mean… if I had something to complain about, trust me… I’ll go directly to the source first.

I have been dirt poor and I have been damn wealthy… and I worked hard to get to a comfortable spot in my life. But if I’m ever so generous to you, and you don't offer the slightest bit of courtesy or gratitude… damn skippy that bitch will come out.

With me, there’s nothing I don’t warn you about… given the necessity. With every long-term relationship I’ve had (and ended) I have forewarned them of the possible dangers. I give them a chance to think about it, possibly change the situation… and if it doesn’t… I will follow through with action instead of a warning.

The first thing I tell them is if they want babies… they need to move on- NO BABIES FOR ME THANK YOU. One day I’ll blog about my 50 million reasons why NOT to have children. And it has absolutely nothing to do with meeting the right person…

The second thing I tell them is if I feel unappreciated or taken advantage of… I will stop being generous and nice… and I will no longer cater to your needs. I’ll swipe that golden throne right out from under your buttocks and watch you fall to the floor.

Anything else is saved for when/if the relationship evolves to a serious, exclusive long-term engagement.

And the ultimate make me a bitch thing is “I will not settle for anything less than spectacular.” If you pay attention, you’ll learn that money really doesn’t play that much of a role in it… it’s knowing me, knowing my taste, my pleasures- my joys. You ignore/forget/overlook those things… should you make assumptions or guesses… damn sure to get an unpleasantly cold response from me.

Other than that… I can be the most loving/supportive/generous/sexual person you’ve ever met… both emotionally and physically. After all, I am the beauty and the beast… and if you want me… you’ll have both. Keep the beast tamed and well fed, love the beauty and spoil her rotten. All will be balanced… Zen in the realm of Robin.