Sunday, December 26, 2004

If Looks Could Kill

Do you know how many times I would be dead if looks could kill? Let’s see… yesterday I probably would have been murdered 5 times.

Did I deserve the murderous looks? I’d say about 70/30 lol. Some people don’t like my bluntness, some people misunderstand me and some people are just too sensitive. But most of the time… I’d say I’m just rude, lol!

Some of these murderous looks will stick with me though, and it’s almost guaranteed to be burned in my mind, thus reflected in some poem or piece of art. I feel something brewing this very moment. I usually don’t fret things like this, but I’m sensitive when people I am trying to get close to, or are close to, misinterpret something and get offended- bestowing upon me one of those murdering looks of disgust.

Courteous Gestures

I have a pretty courteous demeanor, for the most part anyway- I can be very rude and selfish at times. I do very much notice the things that other people do to show their generous nature and that offer me sweet gestures courtesy.

Do I take these courteous gestures for granted? I hate to say it, but sometimes I do. Not intentionally mind you, but there are some things I am just not use to and don’t always respond very well to…

Some times I feel content just being the in very presence of someone intriguing… they might offer me a seat when I am standing, or offer to stand out in the cold while I stay inside and keep warm... But I don’t mind suffering a little bit to maintain the feeling I get while remaining in that person’s presence and I care more, sometimes, for their own comfort. I don't always realize that I may be offending them by not accepting their courtesy.

The Clash of the Titans Re-make

Ok… so I was thinking about the movies that they are remaking… like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory… with Johnny Depp… (looks scary btw)… and thought:

“Why in the world have they not remade the Clash of the Titans?!?!”

That would be an awesome movie to remake… especially with the special effects they can do today. A friend of mine and I were discussing who would be cast as the main characters. I think we pretty have a few of the main roles covered, with the exception of Perseus. I can’t for the life of me think of a male actor that ‘I’ think would be great for the role. Someone young, but not too young, someone muscular but not massively muscular and of course someone with looks that make you melt. It is, after all, the main leading male role.

Here is the cast that I have… leave your suggestions for who you think might play a particular role and why.

Sean Connery as Zeus
Susan Sarandon as Hera
Natalie Portman as Princess Andromeda
Natascha McElhone as Athena
Possibly Dustin Hoffman as Thallo- but I’m leaving this one open…

The roles I have not cast yet are:

Thetis, Aphrodite, Queen Cassiopeia, the Stygian Witches, and Poseidon. I think Sean Connery would be a good Poseidon too… but that’s a small role- was considering Eric Bana made to look older, with a similar style to the way he looked in the movie Troy.

I need someone for the ‘before curse’ Calibos… and was thinking my Friends suggestion of some big burly ugly guy for the ‘after curse’ Calibos…. Like the guy who played Worf in Star Trek.

Will up date you with changes. I also wonder who should direct the film.

Quote for the Day:

I heard an old song today- this line stuck with me…

Some boys take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world…
I wanna be the one to walk in the sun.