Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Return

Wow… It has been ages since I have posted here.

When I logged on, the dust bunnies were entering their second world war against the dust mites. Spiders were being used as net cannons and tornado funnels of dust were whirling around… sheer virtual chaos.

So… I huffed and I puffed and I blew them all… underneath the desk. Sneezed a few times, but all was cleared enough to start pecking at the keyboard.

Time…


too little and so much.

The days have crept by… some slow, some fast. Filled with nothing more than eat, sleep, work, repeat cycle. Nights have always flown off too quickly for me. There never seems to be enough rest. None-the-less… time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking… into the future.

It took 6 months for my Dad’s health to completely deteriorate, as did my beloved George’s health (George was my most cherished pet- mini schnauzer or son in a manner of speaking). Their deaths- only 2 weeks apart.

It was the most mind-altering, heart-wrenching experience that I still have yet to recover from. Most people tell me that you never truly ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you just learn how to deal with it and continue living.

George died in my arms. My Dad died here at home.

Me? I walk in a mindless haze of clouds, drifting in and out of reality. And here I am to begin anew- the journey through my emotions, as time walks beside me… as time runs past me… as time falls behind me. I am here and here I am… again.