Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Contest Entry

My entry for a contest over at Mystickal Incense & More Blog - writing about Love.

Dreaming of Love

I lay in my bed dreaming a dream beyond reality.
Dreaming a love of the most genuine purity.

The dream is so beautiful my body swells with
emotions words can't seem to express…
so they flow from my eyes in the form of salty streams.

How wonderful it would be to experience a love
so passionate that its energy passes through my
soul like currents of electricity flowing through water…
strong enough to stop the beating of my heart, yet at
the same time powerful enough to bring me back to life.

How terrifying it would be to love so deeply
it steals my very breath away and the pit of
my stomach cringes with agony each moment
I am deprived of this love.

The dream is a nightmare I cannot escape-
where happiness and misery coincide,
tormenting me… drowning me in a sundry of bitter emotion.

Though, as extraordinarily perverse love can be…
killing me slowly and instantaneously reviving me…
over and over again… I still ache for it.

~Robin

P.S. Happy Valentine’s Day.