Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Postponage

Well my mom’s surgery was cancelled and rescheduled for Tuesday. Gravy.

I took off Thursday & Friday… which I was soO looking forward to tomorrow off. Her surgery wasn’t supposed to be until Friday. But, now I must go into work. Woe is me.

*sigh* I will reschedule to take off Tuesday and Wednesday… or until she is released from the hospital.

And now I have 5 more days of worry to deal with. The surgery is stressful enough, but being paranoid she’s going to have a stroke at any minute, especially while huffing and puffing a cigarette… and me mine, is maddening.

Toonage

I watched Flushed Away last night. That’s a great lil’ movie. I thought the adult connotations were a bit strong for the intended viewing audience… but overall it was great. I giggled and watched intently. The slugs are great.

Pigmy Monster

I got a new puppy a week after George was put down. It was probably too soon, but I do love him. I did, and sometimes still, feel guilty- like somehow I was betraying George. But I thought that there was nothing better to cheer up broken-hearted people than an adorable little puppy. See…

My Dad even got to see him before he died… he just shook his head at me with light-hearted disapproval.

His name is Bunker. He’s a rat terror… I mean terrier. He drives me insane. He will never, ever take the place of my Beloved George, he has no where near the same personality… quite the opposite, actually. But I do love him.

He’s soOo bad… a mini-monster… a very bad monster. He’s destructive when he’s lonely. He loves to chew cds. He’s eaten my Windows 2000, my Windows XP, my sound card drivers, 3 miscellaneous video games and 4 copies of Titans Quest. He’s also torn up the living room couch, eaten my digital camera cord and a pair of $65 Dr. Scholl’s that belonged to my mom… but I do love him. He makes me mad and laugh at the same time. Look at him now…



Could you stay mad at this face? This is really him, in all his terror, I mean glory.