Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Up-Side-Down

Sunny-side upside-down…
Topsy-turvy and all spun around…
Muffled, muted, whiney whimper…
Fidgeting tongue with a quick-draw temper.


Wow. I mean wOW… I haven’t had a day like yesterday in quite a while. I certainly hope my new year as a thirty-something doesn’t continue they way it began.

My entire day was full of aggravation- from the drive into work, work itself, arriving home and arriving to his house… RAH!

I did get a smile from giving his mother a birthday present… as her birthday was the same day as mine… but that quickly turned to a frown after his brother’s woman was obviously bested by the gift I gave, and proceeded to shove the crappy dollar-store shadow box she got his mother in my face… literally in my face… sad thing is the brother has a wee bit o’money- they just didn’t spend it on mom.

I had wanted to make his mother a necklace for a while now… but instead of making it completely by hand, I gave her a sterling 24inch Italian rope chain with a 2.5” oval Blue Lace Agate pendant… (I make/sell jewelry, btw.) I gave her this particular stone not only because her favorite color is baby blue… but because of the metaphysical properties of the stone. Blue Lace Agate can be used for a variety of things… but the purpose I charged it with was for Peace/healing of mind, body and soul… considering she just lost her husband a few weeks ago and her health is extremely poor.

Anyway… I was pretty damn irritable all day, not to mention mopey. Things finally seemed like they were improving while in his company. We went to have a couple of drinks, flirted a bit and headed back to his. As we arrived, his cousin came out the door, stepping right in front of my car… I just about ran her over! His ex was on the phone and thought she was going into labor.

Now I knew this was coming… I thought after much conversing with him about my feelings and junk that I would be able to cope when the time came. Boy was I wrong. It hit me like a ton of bricks… and for the second time in one day, I freaked out.

I’ll spare you all the gory details of the frantic ramblings and the sobbing phone call to my ex… but I will tell you my eyes were so damn swollen when I woke up this morning I could barely see. I looked like I had been in a boxing match. I haven’t cried that hard in a long, long time. Sure the events of the day played a huge role in my 2nd freak-out, this was just the dingle-berry atop the heaping mound o’shit given to me on my birthday.

Today I’ve been incredibly drained… I felt numb- but still horny… which just makes me think I should seek professional help. Ahh well… tomorrow is another day… and my eyes won’t be swollen and buggy.