Friday, January 21, 2005

Insomnia...


I can't sleep... I usually do not sleep through an entire night. The circles under my eyes grow a little darker everyday.

I don't want sleeping pills- I don't want a sleep aide of any type.
My body is soOo tired... my eyes constantly flood with tears of exhaustion, but still no sleep.

So I’ll post a poem I wrote a while back, on another night I couldn’t sleep.

As I lay in my bed,
haunting thoughts race through my head.

Thoughts of the past, present and what is to come-
tingling sensations turn my body numb.

Tears of anger, sadness and pity-
trying to set my emotions free.

Restless, my body aches for peace-
impatiently waiting for this mayhem to cease.

Hush, these thoughts that stir in my head-
Hush! I groan and toss in my bed-
Hush, these echoes that churn in my ears-
Hush! I sob- face drenched with tears.

Hush! I say so sleep I may!
Hush I pray so rest comes my way!

Now Damn it!