Wednesday, January 05, 2005

10 Things That Woo Robin

If you have ever wondered what the top 10 things that might woo me are, here’s a list for you…

10. Say Hello you dummy. If you are too afraid to talk to me, approach me or ask me out… then go home- this chick wants a confident man. Or at the least, one who’s interested in me enough to say “I dig you, wanna go out?”

9. Don’t constantly brag about yourself… what a major turn off. And, don’t constantly talk smack about how hot you think I am… once or twice in a night- maybe, but over and over again makes my eyes roll so far back inside my head I can see my own brain!

8. Give me flowers- what girl doesn’t enjoy flowers? Well- except the one’s who have severe allergies… but- a bouquet of mixed flowers, with maybe one rose, is just the perfect thing to let me know “Hey… woo woo, flowers, woo woo.”

7. Hop like a bunny. Yes… I said hop like a bunny rabbit. It’s amusing and if you are silly enough to make a fool out of yourself just to woo me, I’ll take it into consideration.

6. Be a damn gentleman! Open the doors, wait for me- I’m in no hurry- why are you? And if you walk ahead of me, constantly- it makes me think you aren’t all that interested in “me” per se.. and don’t tell me what I “don’t” have to do… I know what I don’t have to do, if I didn’t want to do something, I wouldn’t- duh!

5. Don’t be afraid to be funny & witty. I love clever charm- especially if it keeps a consistent smile on my face. Save the raunchy jokes for later- not for the woo.

4. Occasionally brush up against me or gently touch me. Now I’m not talking all out groping, especially if you are in the wooing process, and don’t be all up in my face either… but occasionally brushing up against me when walking, sitting closely- or similar. Also briefly touching my hand or stroking me hair while in the process of wooing makes me blush.

3. Look directly into my eyes when we are talking, I don’t mean constantly stare… but good eye contact is very important to me.

2. Be honest, open & direct with me, as I will always be with you. Tell me if I have something in my teeth! I would tell you… I wouldn’t let you walk around flapping your jaw at people with a chunk of food visibly stuck in your teeth, nor would I let you walk around with a bogie hanging out your nose. A subtle gesture slightly indicating something’s up will save me embarrassment and you from having to be grossed out. Mostly, I love honesty- I have way more respect for a person who tells the truth, no matter how bad it may sting.

1. The all time wooing move… Pose the John Travolta stance from the movie ‘Stayin’ Alive’ If you bust the JT point up, then down move, you’ve got me.

FREAKY Religious Dream

Very intense, strange dream last night. Imagine the Bate’s Motel setting from Psycho. That’s where I lived. There were two motel rooms that were severely haunted, and those rooms were mine. We had various people staying that the motel, and a couple of them were priests.

I was talking to a priest who told me these things were happening because I was Pagan. He blessed a strange amulet thing, rectangular ivory with a gold crucifix in the middle of it, and gave it to me. I put it around my neck thinking… ok I don’t wanna cause a scene.

Anyway, my mom, sisters and I went to this little restaurant on the motel strip. It was very country looking with old wood all over. And suddenly! Something about the blood of Christ filled the room. I could see the blood filling up the floor by about 1 foot. I was totally freaked out. All the women in the joint had their arms held up in the air, reaching up and sobbing like you just wouldn’t believe. I was soOo scared I ran out. By the time that bloody part was over, my sisters and mom came out saying they were just blessed by the Lord himself- and had an extraordinary change & positive outlook. I felt a little bad… but didn’t really believe it. Just thought right… someone rigged all that to happen, but you believe what you want to.

Next, I went into the first room and all this hay-wire stuff started happening. I was soOo terrified. I grabbed the Amulet and began saying the Lord’s prayer to ward off the haints. (Ghosts in big time old slang) It worked… wow. I went into the next room with some family members and the haints started in on us there. So, I grabbed my new amulet and once again warded off the nuisance of ghosties.

I was converted back to Christianity and felt extremely guilty for having left it. For having doubted it.

I woke up with such a strange feeling… so I guess subconsciously I am questioning my faith again… I don’t know. But I’m going to have to think about this one for quite a while before I figure anything out. Could just be more NyQuil trash… but… I donno.